Whiskerbook user reports duplicate IDs

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? Whiskerbook

What operating system were you using? Win11

What web browser were you using? latest chrome

What is your role on the site? admin & researcher

What happened?
A user reported that there are three ID’s for the animal TM_LP_005 (all named the same: TM_LP_005) and three ID’d individuals called: TM_LP_009:

All of this data was originally uploaded as un-ID’d images. The ID’s were assigned after upload & processing through IA and so the duplication isn’t linked to the bulk import process, as far as I can tell.

What did you expect to happen?
There should only be 1 ID’d individual of each of these animals.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
Here’s the search query to get to the list of IDs: Whiskerbook | Login

Let me know if you need anything further to help fix this.

Thanks
Maureen

Note: this seems similar to a report I made a while back about multiple instances of duplicate IDs in ACW - here: Bulk import with IDs creates multiple individual records with the same ID - #7 by ACWadmin1

If all of these duplicate IDs in both Wildbooks could be fixed at the same time, that would be great. thx

Posting ticket link for this here: Multiple pages for the same individual in Flukebook and ACW · Issue #285 · WildMeOrg/Wildbook · GitHub

We’ve fixed this for Flukebook, but haven’t applied it to ACW and Whiskerbook yet. I hope to have updates for you soon.

1 Like

HI @ACWadmin1

The duplicate pages have been merged. If you follow your query link now, it shouldn’t show any duplicates for the individuals anymore.

1 Like