504 Gatewary Time-Out for excel export

@MarkF Just tried to export an excel download via the tab Approved Encounters, and now getting a 504 Gateway Time-Out error for this and Encounter Search downloads. Any further assistance would be greatful.

Hi, @Sean_Aus_SpotaShark !

I’m having trouble reproducing this issue. I’m seeing that our timeout wait times are pretty permissive on SAS AUS (i.e., it should be waiting quite a while before giving you a timeout error).

There might be one other thing that I can do, but in the meantime, can I ask you to confirm that you’re still having the issue?

Thanks,
Mark

@MarkF yes i am still getting it. I don’t suppose it has anything to do with the recent changes with Mailchimp etc ? It happened after Jason fixed our emails yesterday.

Hey, @Sean_Aus_SpotaShark !
Thanks for the info. Regarding mailchimp’s role, I’m highly confident that it’s unrelated.

Could I trouble you to send me the link to the encounter search results that you’re trying to export?
-Mark

@MarkF please see the link below. I select the first excel
https://www.spotashark.com/encounters/exportSearchResults.jsp?state=approved

Gotcha! I was able to reproduce it that time, @Sean_Aus_SpotaShark ! Thanks! I’m changing the settings on the server and restarting. Fingers crossed!
-Mark

The fix for this seems non-trivial, so I’ve created a ticket for it that we’re tracking internally as: WB-1787. We’ll let you know here when we resolve this. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
-Mark

@Sean_Aus_SpotaShark !

Just kidding. Now it seems to be working. I guess the restart just needed a minute to get its bearings.
-Mark

Is this still an issue?
Thanks,
Mark

@MarkF - it is working now. What do you think the problem was ? Thank you for your assistance.

Excellent. I just changed the duration of the timeout (how long the server waits before making an official call that the action failed); getting all of the info. the request needed for this pretty large export just took a long time is all. I restarted the server (tomcat) the first time, but not the proxy (nginx). When I did the later, it seems to have worked.

Thanks,
Mark