72h without detection being completed

What Wildbook are you working in? ACW

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing? I have uploaded 173 images 72h ago and detection still has not started.

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing? I followed the bulk import process. All the images are .jpg and I had no error when uploading the bulk.

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

I just saw some of the previous messages. It looks like couple of bulk imports were stucked. Hopefully after the server has restarted, it will run again.

Hi @Anastasia - could you check please? I’ve heard from the other user who had a job stuck yesterday and, after the server restart, he’s still seeing some detections not moving:

I’m wondering if @Marine_Ingwe 's job noted in this ticket and the other above from the other user, got kicked off the detection queue altogether? Is that possible? Marine’s job here was ahead of several others that have since (the restart) completed detection so I think something else is preventing these 2 batches from running through detection now.

thanks!
Maureen

Thanks for letting me know. I’m looking into this now.

For some context, images are assigned acmIDs before being sent to detection. On the front end, it still looks like it’s waiting for detection even though it’s actually just limbo. Both imports linked here have been fixed and should be making their way through detection soon.

Hi @Anastasia - it looks like your most recent update was 6hrs ago but when I look at the detection status of these 2 imports, they’re still at 0 complete. Are you sure the problem has been fixed? Could you please check? thanks!

Also, please forgive my sleepiness (I’m attending the global leopard conf from midnight to 7am-ish all this week :yawning_face:) but I’m not sure I understand the relevance of the assigning of acmIDs to this issue? Maybe it doesn’t matter but I’m always interested in learning more so if you could clarify, I’d appreciate it. But getting these jobs through IA is definitely the priority.

thx
M

Hi @Anastasia - I’m now seeing a lot of task errors in match results so I’m wondering if there’s a broader problem?

This is on this match results page: Wildbook for Carnivores
When I refresh the page, it takes forever to give me the error message again but it does eventually. Others in the same import are behaving the same way.

I really appreciate you digging into these issues and happy if you decide this is a separate issue that needs to be split into a separate support ticket.

thanks
M

When uploads are submitted, the system assigns each image an acmID. Think of it like an entry ticket for detection. The system uses that ID to begin detection. What happened yesterday was that acmIDs weren’t assigned for some reason, so detection couldn’t begin. It’s like showing up to a movie without a ticket when the box office is closed.

Since detection is still stuck even though acmIDs are present, that means we need more time to figure out what else went wrong to prevent detection from moving forward. I hope to find out more by tomorrow.

A tough schedule on top of the time change this week sounds rough! Thanks for hanging in there through these technical issues.

Thank you Anastasia and Maureen, detection is complete and the batch is going through identification now.

2 Likes

Cool! I learned something new today (or yesterday???) Thanks and appreciate the efforts to diagnose and resolve these issues.

1 Like