Ability to filter on "Unassigned" status

What Wildbook should this feature be in? ACW

What would you like to see?

2 out of 2 researchers (therefore the same approach I expect from all of our current and future researchers) that I’ve spoken to about their approach to matching with a small # of ID’d individuals and a large volume of unknown / unassigned animals, have said that the best approach to matching for their datasets is: to run matches from the encounters already assigned to the ID’d individuals first, then whatever’s leftover is either unmatchable OR a new individual.

So once they’re done matching against all ID’d individuals, they want to see all “unassigned” images in their datasets and start working through those to either assign a new ID or mark them “unmatchable”.

So being able to filter on “unassigned” would be a critical feature in their ability to work through these large datasets systematically and effectively.
@PaulK - FYI

I think I understand what you’re saying, and I think that already exists in the encounter search:

Is that what you meant?

Yes, that’s exactly what I was looking for. Fantastic that it’s already there! Sorry I didn’t find it myself. I don’t use this search functionality generally but we will now. thanks!

1 Like