ACW 2 bulk imports' detections not completing

What Wildbook are you working in? ACW

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

1. Wildbook for Carnivores | Login
  2. Wildbook for Carnivores | Login

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
Bulk import #1 is stuck at 99/100 detections completed. The user’s other 10 bulk imports, uploaded at the same time, have all completed detection.
Bulk import #2 is stuck at 20/21 detections completed. User uploaded & kicked off detection 1 week ago.

Both bulk imports contain only JPG/JPEG files.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Maureen

Hi Maureen,

Thanks for proactively emailing us the spreadhseets!

Charlotte’s spreadsheet is missing the jpeg file extension after the image names (“image” vs. “image.jpg”). Gabriele’s spreadsheet looks good.

There’s a pretty large queue of jobs in ACW right now (450+), but I don’t think is causing the single image in each import to get stuck.

I’ll need Jason’s help to override the bulk imports to pinpoint which images are getting stuck and fixing it from there. I’ll post an update when that’s been taken care of.

Hi @Anastasia - thanks for the quick reply. Regarding Charlotte’s spreadsheet missing the .jpeg extension, that hasn’t caused an issue with her other imports so I don’t think that’s related to this issue or an issue at all for bulk imports. Let me know if I’m wrong…

thanks
Maureen

It may not be, but she should still start including them going forward. Considering bulk imports are a beta feature, it helps speed up troubleshooting when spreadsheets are set up correctly.

Both imports have now been sent to identification. It looks like one annotation in each bulk import was left in a “processing” state, which means Wildbook thinks it sent the image to detection but never received a response.

Thanks for your patience while we worked on this!

1 Like