ACW: delete bulk import doesn't delete all encounters

An ACW user realized after having worked on a bulk import for awhile that he’d inverted the longitude and latitude coordinates in his bulk import. So he decided to delete the affected bulk import via the Delete Import Task button on the bulk import screen.

The bulk import is gone but encounters associated with the bulk import are still in the system.

Is this because some of the encounters in the bulk import had been ID’d prior to the deletion of the bulk import? If not, what would cause this?

Here’s a link to one of the Marked Individuals whose 11 encounters were all in that deleted bulk import and so each should have been deleted: Wildbook for Carnivores

thanks
Maureen

@Anastasia - the same user has just pointed out to me that he now has duplicate individuals in the system so I think we may have found the source of that issue?
Here are 2 examples of duplicate IDs from this user’s data:

and

I’ll add the link to this issue in the Duplicate Id’s issue.

thanks
Maureen

Oh, this a fun one. Thanks for sharing the connection!

Yeah, no idea if it’s the reason for all instances of duplicate IDs but it’s at least one possibility…

Good luck with this!

thanks
M

We tried to replicate this in testing, but our ID’d encounters were still deleted when we deleted the bulk import they came from. We weren’t able to get the test marked individual page to duplicate with this method, either.

We’ll keep researching, but if you notice any other potential connections in the meantime, let us know.

1 Like

Adding link to duplicate individuals ticket: Unable to upload additional image from encounter page of Wildbook for Lynx · Issue #287 · WildMeOrg/Wildbook · GitHub

And here’s a separate ticket for the deleted bulk import not deleting the encounters within it: ACW: delete bulk import doesn’t delete all encounters · Issue #303 · WildMeOrg/Wildbook · GitHub