Add manual annotation - success screen with link to encounter not appearing

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? Win 10

What web browser were you using? latest chrome

What is your role on the site? admin

What happened? While looking into a different issue, I found a media asset without any annotations. So I added an annotation manually. After I clicked Save, I got this screen:
https://africancarnivore.wildbook.org/encounters/manualAnnotation.jsp?encounterId=0a1d7a4d-42e3-4b71-bc3c-8ffb1f0519de&assetId=31035&viewpoint=right&iaClass=wild_dog_dark&bbox=843,1069,423,369,667&save

What did you expect to happen? Normally I get a “Success! […]” message that includes a link to the encounter record with the new annotation in it. This page only gives me a link to the media asset.

That said, when I go back to the original encounter record, I can see that the annotation I added is there.

One of my users reported the same issue to me yesterday.

Thanks
Maureen

Hi @ACWadmin1

That is weird. I followed the link and could not reproduce it. Please let me know if you have seen it since or can provide another link.

Thanks,
Jason

1 Like

Hi @jason - it does not persist. A user had reported it to me the night before and I didn’t see it in her link - this was the encounter she added the manual annotation to: Wildbook for Carnivores | Login
When I did a new manual annotation the next day, it happened to me. I think you’d have to do some manual annotations in order to see the result yourself. But I don’t know that she’s seen it again since and I haven’t heard of the issue from anyone else. I’ll ask her to send more links if it happens again and if I get another example, I’ll let you know but at least the annotation still keeps so it’s not a major issue, just weird.

thanks
Maureen