"Add to existing individual ID" function missing options

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?
internet of turtles
What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)
Windows 10
What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)
Versão 114.0.5735.133
What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)
researcher
What happened?
I can’t use the “Add to a existing individual ID” function. The field autocomple with some individuals that I have, but some simply do not appear.
What did you expect to happen?
I have this encounter c5d2140d-c383-4b5c-9d9c-01adb57a4474and I want to use “Add to a existing individual ID” and set as MdT617, like this encounter of the same individual f80a47cf-492f-457b-87fe-d58ba08dfbdabut I don’t’ have this individual option.
wild
And all other individuals that start with “MdT611” are also missing. This problem also occurs in many other individuals, and the options are missing. Like 612 to 613, 614 to 619, 150 to 153 and 155 to 159
wild 2
I tried removing the ID from " c5d2140d-c383-4b5c-9d9c-01adb57a4474" and manually creat the code MdT617 on the two individuals. The system accepts but does not show both individuals on the “Marked Individual MdT617” page. Instead, two separate “Marked Individual MdT617” pages are created, one for each encounter.
What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

today happened again

i can’t Add to a existing individual ID “MdT553”

Hi @maria

I was able to replicate the issue on my side, but I need more time to understand why some turtles aren’t appearing when you search for them by name. I was able to find a workaround in the meantime:

For MdT617, I was able to use its unique user ID (UUID) to get the option to appear in the Identity menu. I copied the ID from the URL of its Individual page (highlighted below)

…and pasted that in the Existing Individual field of the Manage Identity section on the Encounter page

Now you can select it and save your changes.

That should be the one that you originally intended to link because I followed the link from f80a47cf-492f-457b-87fe-d58ba08dfbda to it.

IoT isn’t turning up any duplicates via an Individual Search. I’m not sure if that’s because you’ve already merged them or because all Individual searches are being impacted by this. We do have an FAQ on merging individuals if you have the links to those duplicate individual pages you accidentally made for MdT617.

I’ll follow up when I have more info about why some turtles aren’t appearing when you search for them by name.

Good morning, Anastasia. It didn’t work on mine either. I have two unidentified turtles as I couldn’t associate them with an existing ID.

We restarted Tomcat in order to re-index the names and search appears to be working correctly now.