In which Wildbook did the issue occur? MM

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) MacOs10.14.6

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) Chrome91.0.4472.106

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) researcher

What happened?

I cant assign an adoption

What did you expect to happen?
to be able to assign an adoption

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
try assigning an adoption to this individual : https://mantamatcher.org/individuals.jsp?id=19370f99-a441-4b1a-9c62-bf9aad16977b

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Thank you!

Hi, @E.Germanov !
The workflow for adoptions has changed slightly along with the change in provider that happened a few weeks (months?) back. I actually made a troubleshooting video for another user who hasn’t followed up yet about success. Can I trouble you to see whether this works for you: https://youtu.be/ld9bxW76Ac8
Many thanks,
Mark

Hi @MarkF,
Thank you for sharing the video. The issue here is that adoption payments come through MMF’s own portal and then the researcher in charge adds them. I tried putting $0 in the donor box so I can proceed with the adoption but it does not work.
What is the new process for researchers to assign adoptions?

Thank you!

@E.Germanov , do you mean essentially to have researchers assign the names with kind of “admin-like” abilities?

If the answer is yes, I can email you details about a workaround privately.
Thank you,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Yes exactly! Up until recently I was assigning adoptions through an individuals sighting page. When I do that now I get the server error.

These are my MM roles:
am granting you the following roles:
MM:admin
MM:RegionalManager
MM:manager
MM:researcher
MM:reviewer
MM:local
MM:imageProcessor
MM:approve
MM:identifier
MM:adoption
MM:Indonesia
MM:Indonesia-Komodo
MM:Indonesia-Nusa Penida
MM:Indonesia-Raja Ampat
MM:Indonesia-Sangalaki

Thank you!

Hi, @E.Germanov !
I just followed up with you privately in an email for a workaround.
Could I trouble you for a screenshot or video of the path/pages/page you navigate through before you get to the “This site can’t be reached” screenshot that you posted above?

Many thanks for continuing to work with me on this,
Mark

Hi Mark,
I am so sorry it took me a while to come back to this.

1. First I go to the individual page e.g. MantaMatcher
  2. Adopters → add adoption goes to e.g. MantaMatcher
  3. = This site can’t be reached

The webpage at https://mantamatcher.org/AdoptionAction might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_FAILED

also do you mind to resend the workaround? I can’t seem to find that email. Please use elitza@marinemegafauna.org.

Hi, @E.Germanov !
Thanks for the details; much appreciated! I sent the email to elitza@marinemegafauna.org, which hopefully allows you to work in the meantime.
Cheers,
Mark

@E.Germanov !
Incidentally, I haven’t been able to reproduce your errors by following the “add adoption” protocol that you outlined above. It might be moot at this point because of the workaround, but that seemed to work ok for me? I’m also on a mac using Chrome. Hm.
Cheers,
Mark