After successful bulk upload of 18 images - only 4 encounters created from 1 image

Bug report template

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) Win 10

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) Chrome latest

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) Admin, was logged in as researcher for upload

What happened? After successful bulk upload of 18 images - only 4 encounters created from 1 image

What did you expect to happen? All 18 images would be processed by IA and many encounters created for this sighting

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue? See top 4 encounters in screen grab below

Do a test bulk upload and send to IA and see if all encounters correctly created

Further research indicates that encounters created from two Media Assets ID # 26810 and 26785.

I have many uploads pending… when should I expect a reply to this bug ?

I thought there was communication going since this was initially reported out of community, sorry for that!
This is actively under investigation by JP and Colin. It seems like something in the IA pipeline is amiss, but we don’t have answers yet.

Hello,

JP has found the cause of this and pushed a fix to the IA repository and It should not affect imports going forward. I’ll send these annotations to detection again for bounding boxes.

Thanks.

Thanks folks

Appreciate you are working on many things.

Regards

Paul

Only added two more encounters… still not fixed ?

Shall we unwind the upload and start again ?

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

As of today JP’s fix is built into the running image analysis container and deployed. I’ve purged the old annotations for this import and run the images again. After manually checking about half of the encounters and watching the logs during the process these annotations all seem to be as we would expect.

Easy link to the import list for checking: https://africancarnivore.wildbook.org/imports.jsp?taskId=80cd71a5-5360-4e34-b8e6-fa4762ca74a4

Thanks.