Annotation still viewable & clickable on media asset even after enc is deleted & page is refreshed

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? Win 10

What web browser were you using? Latest chrome

What is your role on the site? admin & researcher

What happened?
Removed encounter from ID’d individual
Deleted encounter record bec annotation was around 2 cheetah instead of 1
Refreshed the original encounter record to see thumbnail w/o that annotation in it
Annotation from deleted encounter is still on the media asset and still clickable

What did you expect to happen?
Annotations that are from deleted encounters are not supposed to display on other encounters’ thumbnail images after deletion

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
Here’s the encounter record with an annotation from a deleted encounter that we’re trying to fix:
https://africancarnivore.wildbook.org/encounters/encounter.jsp?number=b66decca-a64a-4839-ad63-167246cb837c

thanks
M

Hi Maureen,

We can see the issue. There is an Annotation on the MediaAsset that does not belong to an Encounter (i.e. the Encounter you deleted). I tried to reproduce it by:

1. Submitting an Encounter with two cheetahs
  2. Ensuring that both cheetahs were detected and had annotations on separate Encounters.
  3. Deleting one Encounter.
  4. Going to the other Encounter and looking for a lingering annotation.

That test showed the Annotation from the deleted Encounter had been also deleted, which I can confirm is what the code is supposed to do.

I think your Encounter example has somehow come in through a pathway we don’t normally see. Can you please send us additional examples as they occur?

Thanks,
Jason

Hi @jason, will do. This is the first example I’ve seen as well; I’ll ask Jeanette to keep the links if she sees this again. thx