Attempting to fetch results IoT

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? The Internet of Turtles

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) Windows

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) Google

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) Researcher

What happened? For both encounters I reported, when I start a match, it always ends up giving “attempting to fetch results” even after 2 days.

What did you expect to happen? Giving the possible matchs of other encounters of the database. It happened for these 2 unassigned encounters: 1b5dffec-a72c-465c-aaa7-a65c60f67ff2 and 691e0365-79eb-4323-882a-a9850a4b22e7 .

Hi @Cass

Here’s one of the error messages for one of the annotations I saw across both of your encounters:

there was an error with task 1195609b-aca2-4d37-bc68-4824b8f6a094: No data to match against, please refine your matching parameters.

I’ve restarted the matches on these annotations. If these matches don’t load after the job is complete, try deleting the annotations and adding new ones. If that still doesn’t work, let me know and I can research it further.

Following up to add that this message doesn’t necessarily mean something went wrong. From the Community archives:

This is not an error but rather the system reporting that for the match selected (generally against a specific region/locationID) there were no annotations found to match against. We see this most often when we try to match against an area for which there is no data for that species at the selected viewpoint. Refining the query to a different or higher area generally resolves this issue as more data then could potentially be matchable.

Hi Anastasia,
I deleted and added new annotations for both encounters, and selected and higher area. Both still return “attempting to fetch results”

Thanks for the update! Let me find out what could be causing this.

It looks like there was an issue with IoT thinking a machine learning model was missing. We’ve restarted those failed jobs (about 220 of them) and hopefully this gets matches working again. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

It worked ! Than you :slight_smile:

1 Like