Automated emails missing- how to restore

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? SeadragonSearch

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) asking for a user, not sure

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) ditto

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) admin, but query is from public

What happened? A user did not receive the automated emails they expected after a round of submissions were processed. They do have an account, Andrew Trevor-Jones
atj@atj.net.au
I also have this issue in my account- I once accidentally unsubscribed from admin@seadragonsearch.org and have never been able to get these again.

What did you expect to happen? automated emails to appear in our inbox

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue? no idea

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @NeridaWilson

Thanks for letting us know. I’ve checked both your and Andrew’s accounts and verified that you’ve opted in to received automated emails. I’m not sure why you’re not receiving them.

I’ll flag this to the team for review.

Thanks @Anastasia, we have set up another set of test submissions from andrew later today, so I’ll let you know how I go. Yes, I went into our accounts and did a quick check/uncheck of that feature. I’ll keep you posted, thanks!

Hi @Anastasia, we tested another set for the user, same issue remains. I also asked another contributor if he was having the same problem. Fortunately he isn’t. So it does seem to be limited to this one user ATJ.
cheers
Nerida

Hi @Anastasia, this user reported that the automated emails started working again yesterday. No idea why. cheers, Nerida

Thanks for the update! I’l go ahead and mark this as closed since the issue seems to have resolved itself.