Automated emails not received for rematches

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? SeadragonSearch

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)

I’m using MacOS 11.1; I’m not sure what participants are using.

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)

I’m using Chrome 88; I’m not sure what participants are using.

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) Admin

What happened?

We’ve heard from several participants that they are not receiving notifications when an encounter they’ve submitted is assigned to an existing ID (a re-sighting/rematch). They receive notifications thanking them for the original submission and letting them know if a new individual ID is assigned, but not if an encounter is matched to an existing time series.

What did you expect to happen?

We were also having trouble with this before the email server change, and the issue seems to be persisting. I noticed that similar topics have been marked as resolved in the forum, so wanted to start a new thread. We expected that participants would receive a notification when an encounter they’ve submitted is identified as an existing individual in the database.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?

It’s difficult to reproduce unless you know you have a match, but I could share some recent rematches if that would help!

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @ChrissyTustison,

I believe this is happening due to a hole in logic that missed sending emails when ID was set on the match results page. It would be great if you could confirm that with testing on your end so we know it’s the right issue.

The good news is that we already have a fix for it that I can include in a Wildbook upgrade. Is there is a good window if time for an upgrade soon? Down time would be less than one minute.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi @jason ! Yes, this is definitely happening when we set the match on the results page v. manually entering a new ID on the encounter page. I think any morning between about 8-11am would work for an upgrade! Thanks, Chrissy

Cool. Scheduling for tomorrow AM and will report back here.

1 Like

@ChrissyTustison

Upgrade complete. Looking around the site, all looks well. Test match working.

Please let me know if the emails are now being issued with the upgrade.

Thanks,
Jason

Thank you @jason ! I’ll take a look as well and confirm that things are working on my end!

Hi @jason ! I’ve confirmed with some of our volunteers that they are now receiving emails for rematches. I think we are all good on this, and @NeridaWilson and I will keep you posted if anything else comes up. Thanks!

1 Like