Automated emails sending regardless of preference?

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? Win 10

What web browser were you using? latest Chrome

What is your role on the site? admin

What happened?
I have gone into many pseudo-user accounts that use the email address with ‘@t4c’ in it to un-check the “Receive automated emails” box. Subsequently, days later, I’m seeing automated email notifications to those addresses.

What did you expect to happen? To not see email notifications going out to any user accounts that don’t have that box checked

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
User full name: Francois Stejn
email notifications box unchecked last week/weekend; received an email Sept 20

This is causing me quite a headache because I’ve been trying to clean these up so these notifications don’t go out because ultimately they end up with me. And the cleanup is not a simple process - details in this support request: Turn off default checked setting in user profile settings of "Receive automated emails?"

Is the checkbox not functioning correctly or am I missing something else?

Thanks!
Maureen

Hi, @ACWadmin1 !

I think I’ll need more information about this.

I just created a user, un-checked the “send me emails” box, submitted an encounter, and did not receive an email. I then edited the user by checking the check box and saving, submitted a second encounter, and got an email about this second encounter.

This suggests to me that the checkbox for a user is working as expected, but there could be something weird going on.

Regarding this Francois Stejn user, I have confirmed that the “send me emails” option is unchecked. Can you confirm that it’s the FrancoisSteyn@t4c.org email address that got the email after making the change?

Also, I searched for an encounter associated with this user and could not find one in the database (see picture with 0 results or rows):

I was hoping that the encounter itself might give me some more context or information.

If you happen to have an encounter link for the offending encounter that triggered the email, that would be helpful.

Otherwise, I’m afraid that I haven’t been able to reproduce the issue.

-Mark

@ACWadmin1 Do you have additional information for this issue? Otherwise I will need to close it since we are unable to reproduce.

Tanya

Hi @tanyastere - I sent additional information to @mark on Sept 24 via email.

Maureen