Bug of the export file

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? FLUKEBOOK

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) WINDOWS 10

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) Firefox, Edge

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) Admin

What happened?
I realise that there are a lots of error in the Excel spreadsheet exported (standard error), in the names of the individuals, and the dates, ect… In the spreadsheep, for a given encounter, the name0.value does not correspond to the name2.value. This seems to be happen for all encounters with a name3.value.
The name2.value is right and correspond to the individual ID name in Flukebook: for ex Globice2219 in Flukebook (nickname: Malika_2018) has 7 associated encounters:

But in the export file, the name0.values of that individual is different from Globice2219.
And other data about Malika_2018 (name3, name 4, date of encounters, ect…) does not correspond to the data of that individual.

All encounters with a name3.value have wrong data values in the export file.
Whereas the data for encounters with only names0, name1 , name 2 .values are right.

What did you expect to happen?
I would expect the data from the export file to be the same as the data in Flukebook.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
Search for Individual “Malika_2018” and to a standard export (sent by email). The data does not match the data for that individual in Flukebook. The same for all other individuals that have a name3.value.
It seem that a bug occurs for encounters that have been matched (why do they have a name3.value?)

Thanks for fixing the bug,
Best,
Violaine

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @violaine.dulau

Please send the exact link that generated the “Flukebook Export VERIF.xlsx” that you sent us separately. I cannot reproduce that file, and when I export Globice data and filter to Globice2219, I see exactly the correct names and data values as expected for this animal.

Please send the link in Flubebook that generated that file.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason,
I cannot reproduce that file neither today. It seems that there were a bug on Monday (I exported the data from different computers ) which have now been resolved. That’s a relief!
Thanks, Violaine

1 Like