Bulk import error code

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?
Whiskerbook
What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)
Windows
What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)
chrome
What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)
researcher
What happened?
I uploaded the spreadsheet and the upload page shows a huge amount of text at the top of the page before the green boxes around the cells that shows that it worked.

It also does not import all of the encounters from the spreadsheet. For example, on emills3021
account, it only detects 94 of the 101 encounters. Somehow the encounters are just missing from the import log (i.e. no green boxes and no row at all for that encounter even listed).

What did you expect to happen?
Normally it shows the green and red.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
This has happened to me the last several times I’ve tried to perform bulk uploads. I’m working on several different accounts to get their data uploaded. Once or twice I could simply reupload the spreadsheet and the code/ errors would disappear. Now, even after reloading the code still appears.

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi, @evebohnett !
Could I trouble you to email a copy of the spreadsheet you’re using to services@wildme.org? Could you also cc the email to mark@wildme.org and colin@wildme.org?

Many thanks,
Mark

Greetings @MarkF and @colin, I had emailed the spreadsheet last week. I have since then figured out a way to add an empty row in the dataframe with some dummy location information for the #2 encounter. That seemed to have fixed the root of the issue, although the error message is still there. I have worked around it, although it is quite messy.

Hi, @evebohnett !

Thank you for sharing the spreadsheet.
I’ve finally gotten the chance to test this out and inspect your error further.

For any curious troubleshooters down the road, I changed the primary key constraint on the OCCURRENCE_ENCOUNTERS table such that it is now a composite of (“OCCURRENCEID_OID”, “CATALOGNUMBER_EID”, “IDX”).

This should help prevent errors of the nature that you attached in your screenshot.

Could I request that, if you continue to see this error (after clearing your browser cache) with bulk imports, could you follow up herein, and I’ll re-open the issue? In the meantime, I will mark this as resolved.

Many thanks,
Mark