Bulk import - still waiting for detections

What Wildbook are you working in?
Internet of Turtles

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?
https://iot.wildbook.org/encounters/searchResults.jsp?username=kemmons

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
I uploaded 3 separate bulk imports about 2 and 3 weeks ago and none of them have received any detections.

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @kemmons, welcome! Thanks for sending your spreadsheets. The only feedback I have on them is that the field Encounter.locationID must match the location as shown in the Location ID menu of the Report an Encounter page. I’ll add the new location you asked about in your email so it’s ready for identification.

It looks like detection was never kicked off on any of these. That has to be started manually by you after your data is imported. If you scroll down to the bottom of the bulk import table, you’ll see a grey Send to detection button.

Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 1.36.22 PM

Once your detections are complete, you’ll see this button change to Send to identification. Then you’ll want to click it to start identification.

I’ll follow up here shortly to let you know when the new location ID is ready.

You can find your new location ID under US - West Coat > San Gabriel River.

Hi Anastasia,

Thanks for adding the new location ID to the menu. Do I need to go back and do anything for the bulk imports I’ve already done?

Also, I don’t see a “send to detection” button anywhere. Can you provide directions on how to navigate to the bulk import table so I can be sure I’m looking in the correct spot? Is this immediately after I complete a bulk import? If so, do I need to reupload all of my photos?

Thanks,
Katie

Nope. This is just to get it ready for the identification stage.

It’s at the bottom of your bulk import table which you can find by going to Administer > Bulk Import Logs > then click on the bulk import you want to view from that page. Once you’re looking at the specific bulk import, you’ll see the button to Send to detection at the bottom of the table. I’ve also linked to the spot in our Youtube tutorial that shows you where the button is so it will start playing from there.

Awesome, thank you!

When I go to Bulk Import Logs nothing shows up…

I double-checked your permissions and they’re set correctly. Do you happen to have an ad-blocker installed on your browser? If so, try disabling it for IoT. That could prevent normal site elements from displaying correctly.

Actually, upon further testing, this page is definitely misbehaving. I need more time to work on this, but in the meantime I’m going to start your detections on your imports for you to save you some time later.

Thank you! I just made sure that pop-ups were allowed on both my Chrome and Microsoft edge browsers and it still wasn’t working for me on either browser.

1 Like

Can you try loading the Bulk Import Logs page again? A fix was rolled out that should make your imports visible again.

I can see it! Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like