Bulk import stuck in detection for about a week

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? Windows 11

What web browser were you using? Latest chrome

What is your role on the site? researcher & admin

What happened?
User reports that the batch below was uploaded and sent to detection a week ago (Aug 1) and no detections have completed. I’ve sent the upload spreadsheet to the services email. I checked and nothing seemed amiss to me.

I checked the Grafana dashboard and it appears to show times since the batch was uploaded where the IA queue was empty, per screenshot below, so I don’t believe it’s a queue-related issue.

If someone could investigate and, if it’s just a matter of re-sending the batch through detection, that would be great if someone could do that for us.

thanks
Maureen

Thanks for the heads up! I’ll update here when it gets moving again.

Thanks for your patience! This import was resent to detection. There was a weird special character at the end of “Lycaon” for the species, and its one that looks like a space but isn’t a space. :thinking:

Don’t you just love excel? Thanks @Anastasia . I’ll let the user know so she can try to make sure it’s not there in future.

On that note, how did you figure that out? How did you find the weird character?

1 Like

Detection should be complete now, btw.

I didn’t notice anything amiss in the spreadsheet when I reviewed it, but Jason caught it when he restarted detection. I’m awaiting his reply, but I suspect it has to do with reading the logs to determine why detection didn’t complete.

1 Like

I just confirmed with Jason that he saw it at the SQL level, but even then he couldn’t technically “see” it. He could only tell that it uniquely didn’t match any other values. I think the best way to catch something like this in the future is to check for any trailing spaces in the spreadsheet and delete them.

1 Like