Bulk upload Approved state not pulled through in records

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? Win 10

What web browser were you using? latest Chrome

What is your role on the site? researcher

What happened?
Bulk upload was done with jfouche as submitterID. Images uploaded were of known/ID’d individuals so “Encounter.state” field was listed as “Approved” for all records in the upload. When I go in the system now and search for Unapproved encounters" under jfouche, no records are found. the only way to find the list of records under jfouche is to click on “View my submissions”. When I check one of the encounter records for one of the Marked Individuals from that upload, the status shows as Approved.

Ex:
Marked Individual: Wildbook for Carnivores | Login
Encounter record: Wildbook for Carnivores | Login

What did you expect to happen?
I expected the Approved state set in the upload would set the records as approved in the system and be able to be searched on & found via View Approved Encounters.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
Search Approved encounters for the submitterID jfouche

Hello,

The approved/unapproved states applied to encounters are case sensitive. It looks like the state was set as “Approved” not “approved” so the are treated as separate states. Prior to bulk import you could only select encounter state from a static predefined list, so this has not come up before.

I think it is reasonable to start lower-casing states on encounter creation and will make a work ticket to that effect: WB-633.

Thanks.

While we work to get this work in, the states that need to be used during bulk upload are:

• unapproved
  • approved
  • unidentifiable

This fix was deployed today, so I’m marking this as resolved.

Here’s the ticket link for reference: Encounter.state is case sensitive · Issue #284 · WildMeOrg/Wildbook · GitHub