Cannot delete encounter

What Wildbook are you working in? ACW

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
I want to delete this encounter but it tells me “Encounter b270ab9e-5adc-485f-ae92-17ee4563600c is assigned to a Marked Individual and cannot be deleted until it has been removed from that individual.”

However, this encounter is not assigned to an individual and when I click on Remove from marked individual it tells me " Error: You can’t remove this encounter from a marked individual because it is not assigned to one.

It is not the first time that this is happening and I can’t find a way to fix it.

Thanks

I’m getting the same error messages you’ve described here. Let me find out what’s going on.

Thanks for your patience! The encounter has been deleted.

Normally, trying to delete the last Encounter of the Individual would delete the Individual. But this Individual had a social relationship (leopard mother-cub). The social relationship between this Individual and another was blocking the delete of the Individual and therefore, the deletion of the Encounter.

We’re going to fix it so that when this happens again, users will see a more accurate error message notifying them to remove the social relationship before deleting the Encounter.

Thank you very much - good to know about the social relationship blocking the delete!

1 Like