Can't assign known IDs in seabass

Hey @MarkF

I’m having this same problem on Spotting Giant Sea Bass. When I enter an ID in the field under Add to existing individual ID (e.g., “GSB178”), there’s no way to “set” or confirm the entry, so it just disappears when I hit Close Edit. I tried hitting the Enter key, as well as clicking “set” next to both the Matched by and Set Alternatve ID fields, but that didn’t do it. I expect to see a checkmark next to the dialog box once the ID (GSB178) is entered. I tried this on a few other encounters, as well as in Chrome Incognito mode, but no dice.

I didn’t get the same message you did on Manta Matcher about repeated annotations.

Hi, @mollymorse !
That field is an autocomplete. If you type the first few letters of the ID (or perhaps other IDS that you know about), do options appear?

There is a fix in the works for improving the user interface to better communicate with y’all whether you can click add or not, but in the meantime, the functionality should be in place for the autocomplete there. I will check on your platform once I get home through this crazy Portland evening traffic!
Cheers,
Mark

Hi @MarkF,

No, when I start typing G-S-B-1-7-8, nothing appears. No rush, totally fine to wait until next week. Thanks for looking into it!

Molly

Hi @MarkF,

Assigning an Individual ID for an Existing Individual still doesn’t appear to be working for me, or my colleague Francis. No “Set” or “Add” button appears to the right of the dialog box. Any updates on your work on this bug?

Molly

Hi, Molly!

Could I trouble you to send me the link to the encounter that you’re trying to attach to individual GSB178?

Thanks,
Mark

Here you go: Spotting Giant Sea Bass

@MarkF any progress on this? I’m still unable to add an existing ID to a new encounter. We are getting quite a backlog of encounters to process, so it would be great to get this resolved ASAP.

Hi, @mollymorse !
I’ve split this out from the original thread, as manta matcher’s issue was resolved.
I’ve reproduced the issue and have created a ticket for it: WB-1808.

I’ll try to get to this asap. High on the priority queue.

Thanks for your patience with this one!
-Mark

Hi, @mollymorse !
It was a sneaky bug that arose because seabass only has once species on its platform and doesn’t display taxonomy. I’ve deployed the fix now.
Could I trouble you to confirm that it’s working?

Many thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark,

It looks like we’re making progress.

Now, when I click Edit in the Identity box, and type in the Existing Individual ID to be added, there is an “Add” button to the right of the dialog box and the dialog box does autocomplete for me with the individual ID and the species taxonomy (see below). So that’s promising.

However, when I click the Add button, nothing happens, i.e., it doesn’t appear to save. Also, when I click Close Edit at the top of the Identity box, the Individual ID does not appear and it does not appear to be saved. I was just testing this on this recent encounter of GSB090.

Hi, @mollymorse !
Ok. Next bug, next fix deployed. How about now?
Thanks,
Mark

It works, @MarkF! Nice job. Thanks for persevering on that one :+1:

1 Like