Carnegie Mellon University Research Study: Think Aloud Study to Understand Model Confidence

Hey there!

Over the last few months, we’ve talked to researchers who have provided us with a wealth of knowledge about how they use Wild Me systems and designed prototypes to communicate model confidence in new ways.

Now that we have these prototypes, what we need is YOU! We would love your help assessing the prototypes-- what you like and dislike about them and how effectively they communicate results to you as the user. Your feedback will help shape the different transparency techniques that could be used at Wild Me.

What’s in it for you?
While we can’t offer compensation, your participation can make a real impact. By sharing your experiences and ideas, you’re contributing to the improvement of Wild Me interfaces.

Who’s eligible?
Individuals must be 18 or older, located within the US, fluent in English, and not a US government employee or active member of the US military.

How do I sign up?
We’re currently scheduling interviews for April and May, and we’d be thrilled to have you participate. The session will last up to 45 minutes.

If you’re interested in joining our study, please review our consent form and schedule an interview session here.

Your input matters to us, and we can’t wait to hear what you think of the prototypes we’ve created!

1 Like

Thanks, @vtocean!

Tagging @clsims and @jwaite for visibility. When we discussed updates to the match results pages during our last call, this is the study we were referring to.

Also tagging @mbrown since you recently cited challenges with the current matching process. This is the Carnegie Mellon study Jason mentioned in the email in case you’re interested in providing your feedback on how the proposed changes work for you.

2 Likes

Hi there,

My organization, Tech4Conservation, manages and supports 3 Wildbooks - African Carnivore Wildbook, Whiskerbook and Wild North. We have several hundred users from countries across the globe, across these platforms. I’d be happy to be interviewed however, I’m based on the west coast of Canada, not in the US.

Is there a particular reason you’re excluding non-US residents? Would it be possible for you to make an exception for me? I’d love to share the perspective of our user community as collected by me over several years of training and supporting these users.

Thanks
Maureen

2 Likes

Hi Maureen,

Thanks for reaching out, it would be great to chat with you! I sent you a message with more info.

Best,
Violet