Data integrity export?

What Wildbook are you working in? ACW

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?
“Annotations Duplicated in Two or More Encounters”: Wildbook for Carnivores | Login

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
We currently have 244 duplicated annotations. They belong to different submitters/organizations and are duplicated for various reasons. The decision about which annotation and/or encounter to delete can be organization-specific so we, as ACW admins, can’t do this cleanup for each organization.

So we need to send each org their list of duplicates and the related links so they can resolve the issues and remove the correct annotation and/or encounter. This means a minimum of 3 x copy & paste’s per annotation. Multiply that by 244 = 732 minimum copy & paste, just to get the list out of the system. Then we need to divvy up the list by organization and send it to them.

This is a HUGE amount of work. So I’m wondering if it’s possible to get an extract of the list, say into excel/csv? Or into Word? Or something???

That would save the copy & paste effort, which is many many hours, and get our data cleaned up a lot faster.

Pretty please and thank you!!!

cheers
Maureen

@MarkF - any assistance or advice on this would be VERY much appreciated!!!

Hi @ACWadmin1

Are you looking for an exact duplicate of this table is CSV/Excel? Or is there additional information needed to make it usable for this use case?

Thanks,
Jason

Hi @jason - csv/excel, exactly as is would be terrific and if you can add the managing researcher / submitter, that would be amazingly helpful!

It would be great to have as a new feature “export” capability but even if I could get a one-off extract at this point in time, it would be really helpful.

thanks!
Maureen

Hi @jason / @MarkF , I wanted to add that export to csv or xlsx for all of the data integrity tables would be very helpful, not just the one mentioned above, the “Annotations Duplicated in Two or More Encounters” list, although even just that one would be great.

Is there any chance of getting this, even as a one-off export? Since there are reasons why a researcher might want to keep one over the other duplicate record, this isn’t something @PaulK or I can clean up ourselves on behalf of the users. That means we have to either copy and paste each link, for each user, into a separate doc and send it to them, after working out which user each record belongs to, or we have to coordinate doing it via a zoom session where the users can see our screen and decide on each record one by one.

Having an export of these tables, particularly the current “Annotations Duplicated in Two or More Encounters” list, would be extremely helpful and save us a LOT of time AND get the list cleaned up more quickly. Even if the export is just the table as is, without the related user for each instance, it would still save us a ton of time and effort.

thanks!
Maureen

Hi @ACWadmin1

I made changes to your pages for annotations duplicated across IDs and across Encounters to export related user data. I would then recommend using this service as a workaround:

https://www.convertcsv.com/html-table-to-csv.htm

I was able to view the modified pages above, right click them in Chrome and download them as an HTML file, and then upload the HTML file to the URL above to get an Excel or CSV formatted version of the page, which can then be sorted by users. Note where multiple values are listed in a single table cell, those values will be found in the Excel, but you may have to visually widen each row to see them.

Is this enough of a workaround to help?

Thanks,
Jason

Hi @jason, the extra column with the user ID is fantastic! The only problem I’m having is I haven’t been able to get the encounters column to export as a link or a url address - were you able to get that to work?

thanks
Maureen

Embedding HTML in Excel is dark magic I do not know. I know that the online service I linked allows you to strip out the HTML or include it. I don’t know how well that translates into Excel if you keep the HTML in there.

Okay thanks. I’ve tried different options in that link but so far only managed to get the “Annotation ACM ID” column to show the entire link address. I’ll keep at it. thanks for the help!

I was able to find a way to export the table with the links. It’s still not ideal because it exports massive versions of the thumbnails at the same time. But I got it to work and hopefully we’ll never have 300+ duplicates again at one time so hopefully the next time I have to do this, the images won’t be as much of a problem.

But if I had a suggestion, it would be to remove/hide the column with the image thumbnails for each duplicate annotation. That or back to an earlier feature request to allow each user to see their own data integrity issues and fix them without admins having to be involved.

thanks!
Maureen