Dates dropping from Sharkbook encounters

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? Sharkbook

What operating system were you using? Windows 10

What web browser were you using? Firefox

What is your role on the site? admin

What happened? I have just uploaded a number of encounters from clips sent to me from a gopro, where each clip was a screenshot (i.e. no metadata). I added date and time for all encounters, but it has dropped from every image. I definitely added dates as it doesnt let you submit without dates - but they have disappeared from the encounters. See Sharkbook: Wildbook for Sharks as an example

What did you expect to happen? Dates entered manually are maintained

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue? Use a screenshot without date metadata and see what happens when you upload the encounters

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @Sarah_Aus_SpotaShark

What date did you enter? I see the date for this encounter as 2024-03-23 11:00.

I tested this with 3 encounter submissions in Firefox and I wasn’t able to replicate this. When I set the dates and times in the Report an Encounter page, it saved the date and time as entered in my test screenshots.

There’s a separate “Verbatim Event Date” field that gets set separately, but I’m not clear how this differs from the Encounter date. Most users just set the Encounter date and leave the Verbatim Event Date alone.

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 11.08.11 AM