In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW
What operating system were you using? Win 10
What web browser were you using? Chrome Version 88.0.4324.104
What is your role on the site? admin
There’s an encounter record that has 2 cheetahs in it but too blurred to be identifiable. My intent was to add annotations around each cheetah, mark each as “unidentifiable” and then delete the original, unannotated encounter. Here’s what happened:
- I selected this encounter: https://africancarnivore.wildbook.org/encounters/encounter.jsp?number=1348be2b-fc75-46b5-9e2d-52a9b9c36a9b
- I clicked on “add annotation”, added the 1st annotation
- I clicked on “add annotation”, added the 2nd annotation
- Clicked on the links for each new encounter created to open those encounters - marked each as “unidentifiable”
- Went back to the tab with the original encounter, selected “delete encounter”
- Went to one of the new encounter records and it was now showing this:
- Went to the 2nd new encounter tab and clicked on the arrows on the (yellow) annotation for the other encounter record that had just disappeared per #6 above and the tab refreshed to show this:
So now all 3 encounters are gone.
What did you expect to happen?
2 new encounters with new annotations would not be deleted when I deleted the original, unannotated encounter.
What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
Here’s the info from post deletion of the original encounter record:
Success: I have removed encounter 1348be2b-fc75-46b5-9e2d-52a9b9c36a9b from the database. If you have deleted this encounter in error, please contact the webmaster and reference encounter 1348be2b-fc75-46b5-9e2d-52a9b9c36a9b to have it restored.