Detection clicked but not kicked off on a bulk import?

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? Win10

What web browser were you using? latest chrome

What is your role on the site? admin

What happened?
I logged into ACW this am as admin to kick off detection on a batch that was uploaded yesterday, under a different, researcher-level account. It was probably around 7:30am PT when I did this.
I’ve logged in again now (9am-ish PT) to check on status and it appears as if I never kicked detection off in the first place. This happened with the last batch that I tried to kick off detection on - that time, @jason looked into it and couldn’t see any indication that I had kicked off detection. So I assumed “picnic” (problem in chair…).
But now that it’s happened again, I’m wondering if I’m really that bad at clicked a button or if something else is going on?

Bulk import: https://africancarnivore.wildbook.org/imports.jsp?taskId=be8d6101-475c-4807-8156-c7be7d662e66

I don’t want to click on it again bec running detection twice on the same batch is bad, I’ve learned. However this time, I think if Wild Me can confirm that detection is not running, then I think I should try it again, record it, and see what happens.

Let me know your thoughts. I will not do anything further with this until I hear back.

Please note that this is not urgent - this is historical data that is not urgently needed by the researcher. So it can wait until Monday / next week. In fact, if the re-trained cheetah detection algorithm is going to be ready in the next few days/week, then I may as well wait for that before kicking this off again.

Thanks
Maureen
@PaulK - fyi

Same issue as before: your detection is running, but there is the unnecessary 30 second wait between image registrations pre-detection. We are actively working on a fix to remove the 30 second delay (x2400 images in your import).

For now…though slow…your bulk import is working its ways toward detection. I see what I expect on the server.

1 Like

WB-1572 is the ticket we are separately tracking this delay under.