Detection not completed for entire bulk import

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?
Amphibian & Reptile

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)
Windows 11

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)
Firefox 123.0.1

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)

What happened?
Detection did not work for today’s entire bulk import: "Number invalid for image analysis: 50 (out of 50).

What did you expect to happen?
Detection to work as usual.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
Check detection results at Amphibian and Reptile Wildbook | Login

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to with the email subject line matching your bug report
Will send spreadsheet.

That’s a first! I didn’t find anything unusual with your photos or your spreadsheet (thanks for sending it!). I tried re-sending this import through detection, but it’s still not assigning your images acmIDs to get them ready for ID.

I’ll need a little more time to keep researching this. I’ll let you know if I have any follow-up questions.

It looks like ARW experienced a disk failure which is causing detections to fail. It may take up to 48 hours for us to finish resolving. Thanks for your patience.

Detection is complete now!

1 Like

Thanks for resolving the detection problem, Anastasia. Now, however, identification is producing only errors for the same bulk import.

I’m re-running ID to see if that fixes the errors. Thanks for your patience.

Hi @David.Kupitz

It looks like ID is complete for this import. I did see one Encounter that still had an exception, so I’ve sent just that one back through ID. Thanks for bearing with us through this.

Thanks @Anastasia
I still saw 7 encounters out of the total 50 that had an exception. I re-sent these through ID now and am waiting for the results.

The results came in surprisingly quickly and now ID is complete for the entire bulk import. Thanks again for your help.

1 Like