Don't show matched encounters in match results after match has been made & assigned

What Wildbook should this feature be in? ACW

What would you like to see?
Don’t show matched encounters in match results after match has been made & assigned.

How would this functionality help you?
Reduce duplication of match reviews by researcher. Once two encounters have been matched to each other and assigned to a Marked Individual record, the researcher doesn’t need to see that match again and wants to see only encounters that haven’t yet been matched. With large volumes of images to be reviewed and matched, seeing the same match results repeatedly doesn’t allow the researcher to easily find new matches.

This is related to another feature request " Retain matches between 2 (or more) unknown / unnamed animals"
The large dataset per species, heavily skewed toward unknowns over ID’d individuals, is what’s driving these 2 requests.

I believe the existing behavior relates to the way that matches are queued. We are looking at changes to either accessing historical match runs and managing matches as a user processes through them, such as the ability to denote that two encounters do not match. This fits into that paradigm nicely. I’m going to tag @brmscheiner again, and we’ll see how this can fit with the concepts I mentioned.

Not that it’s a full solution, but re-running the match overnight may work in the interim for at least clearing matches that you’ve processed throughout the day?

1 Like