Duplicate bulk import?

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? Win 10

What web browser were you using? latest chrome

What is your role on the site? researcher

What happened?
I have 2 copies of the same upload, different import IDs: 3c56c0aa and 6b539a5f
The date and time stamp on the individual records are identical. Not sure how this could have happened? Could the server re-boot have somehow caused this? I don’t think so??? because it wasn’t at the same time…

What did you expect to happen? Only one copy of this upload of 354 images to be uploaded

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Update on this: I’m assuming that I must have somehow double-clicked on this import to cause the duplication, but it would be good to know for sure. Meanwhile, on that assumption, I have deleted all of the encounters associated with this sighting. I don’t know if there’s a way to delete the sighting info, especially since it’s a duplicate occurrenceID - if there is something I should do with that, please let me know. And if you can figure out how this happened, that would be much appreciated as well. thx

Hello,

It’s hard to verify since there are duplicate ID’s and the data has been fixed, but I suspect you are correct about an accidental double click. There should not be any more work to do. Since the Sighting ID is the same the duplicate encounters would have been added to the same Sighting and are now removed.

I’ll investigate ways of disabling and/or visually indicating the submit button has been clicked on the begin import page to better prevent this with work ticket WB-848.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi,

I’ve got a small change deployed to help avoid this in the future. It simply disables the submit button for an import after a confirmed click. It’s live now on ACW.

Thanks!

Thanks for saving me from my future self… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: