Email has flukebook default text

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?
Spotting Giant Sea Bass

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)
Windows 10

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)
Chrome 90

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)
admin

What happened?
I had submitted a new encounter, and then processed the encounter and marked it as a new individual. I received the confirmation email, but the email had both the generic flukebook text as well as our custom Spotting Giant Sea Bass text. See screenshots below

What did you expect to happen?
To get the usual email with only the custom Spotting Giant Sea Bass text.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
Submit a test encounter, give it a name as a newly-identified individual (from the admin side), and check the confirmation email that comes in to the submitter.

Hi, @mollymorse !
Apologies for the late follow up on this issue. It’s being tracked internally as WB-1773, and we’ll give you a shout here when it’s been implemented!
Thanks,
Mark

Hi, @mollymorse !
The WB-1773 fix has been deployed on spottinggiantseabass.msi.ucsb.edu! How does it look on your end?
Many thanks,
Mark

3 posts were split to a new topic: Submitting encounters with already-existing email addresses database constraint issues

Hi @MarkF

I did try submitting the encounter using that same email address (the one linked to my account), both as logged in and logged out. Neither times did it work. I appreciate your creating another ticket for it.

So, I just used a different email address to submit another encounter to test this current issue–the confirmation email–and the issue does appear to be resolved. Thanks!

Molly

1 Like