Email @INDIVIDUAL_ALT_ID@ is not pulling through the individual ID

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? Sharkbook

What operating system were you using? Windows

What web browser were you using? Firefox

What is your role on the site? Researcher

What happened? I have noticed that when people are receiving updates about their encounters, the emails are not correctly pulling through the alternative ID nickname. I have tested both at the child level with the original encounter and confirm it has the alternative ID, and I have testedat the parent level when the overall shark has the alternative ID, and yet the email updates do not pull it through.

What did you expect to happen?
Sharkbook: Wildbook for Sharks - this shark has alternative ID of Willow, but this is not pulling through into the emails that occur when the shark is respotted.

Email:

Hello!

Just a quick e-mail to let you know that a shark that you sent us encounter data for has been seen again and positively identified. Follow the links below to learn more.

Previously identified shark: f805e1ed-14ba-42ee-bf7d-83b6d3f49131 (Alternate ID: @INDIVIDUAL_ALT_ID@) http://www.sharkbook.ai/individuals.jsp?id=f805e1ed-14ba-42ee-bf7d-83b6d3f49131

New encounter: 853593cb-b148-4de7-a65c-bd0e6f05a4ffhttp://www.sharkbook.ai/encounters/encounter.jsp?number=853593cb-b148-4de7-a65c-bd0e6f05a4ff

Thanks again for your critical help!

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue? I would suggest using this shark and testing what field the email is picking up as it does not appear to be the alternate ID

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Oh, that’s interesting; thanks for letting us know!

I’ll look into this further and let you know when I have an update.

I’ve created a ticket for this bug: Encounter emails lists sharks’ alternate name as “@INDIVIDUAL_ALT_ID@” · Issue #368 · WildMeOrg/Wildbook · GitHub

Status updates will appear there was we have them.

Thank you Anastasia - much appreciated

1 Like