Encounter ID changed

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? SAS USA

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) windows

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) firefox

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) admin

What happened?

I assigned a SAS ID (name and alternate name) to an unassigned encounter: Wildbook for Sand Tigers

Then I got an email saying I had successfully added a new shark to the database, but with a different encounyter ID. When I looked at the meta data box, I saw this noted:

carol.price on Mon Oct 30 17:44:47 UTC 2023
Changed name to: USA-L1298 for encounter: 58f01faf-91dd-4aef-9dd3-f011ca37bf3b, which is individual: 6c3a673f-a425-48c2-b3ce-0ceda544c22c

What did you expect to happen? The encounter ID stays the same after naming a shark

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @Carol

Can you share what the original encounter ID was so I can look into this further? Based on what I see in the Audit Trail of this encounter, it correctly shows the current encounter ID (58f01faf-91dd-4aef-9dd3-f011ca37bf3b) associated with the shark’s unique user ID or UUID (6c3a673f-a425-48c2-b3ce-0ceda544c22c)

Thanks for the email with additional examples! I’ll need more time to research and will follow up if I have more questions or an update.

Based on our email discussion and testing, I wasn’t able to replicate the Encounter ID changing between being submitted and being edited. The submission confirmation emails you provided didn’t also didn’t indicate any discrepancies.

I’m resolving this for now, but we can test this again on a call in real-time if you feel this is an ongoing problem.