Encounter search query in Sharkbook

Hi,

I wanted to run an encounter search on the whale sharks from Ningaloo 1a1, 1a2 and 1a from 2016-03-25 to 2016-03-26, 34 encounters were returned in the encounter search results. However, there seemed to be some encounters missing. I then ran a query from 2016-03-25 to 2016-03-25 and 21 encounters were returned in the encounter search results and then I ran a query from 2016-03-26 to 2016-03-26 and 31 encounters were returned in the encounter search results. So in the initial query 34 encounters were returned, but there should have been 52, based on the other queries.

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

I’ve attached 3 screenshots below including the SQL.

Thank you for your help,

Kind regards,
Julian

Thanks for letting us know, @juliant

I’ll let you know if I have any additional questions. I need more time to research this.

Just checking in to say I’ve been able to replicate the same results with each search. I’m still looking into the discrepancy in the search result numbers.

Ningaloo (non-specific)
North Ningaloo
South Ningaloo
March 25, 2016 - March 26, 2016
34 results

Ningaloo (non-specific)
North Ningaloo
South Ningaloo
March 25, 2016
21 results

Ningaloo (non-specific)
North Ningaloo
South Ningaloo
March 26, 2016
31 results

Thanks for letting me know Anastasia

Talking to my teammates, there’s a possibility that it’s related to the minutes on an encounter. On the backend, we compare data at the milliseconds level to follow computing standards. When just the date is on an encounter and not the time, there’s some overlap at midnight between days which could explain the discrepancy from one day to the next. I should know more soon, but I wanted to share what I’ve learned so far while it was still fresh on my mind.

Thank you for investigating this Anastasia, looking forward to your further updates.

1 Like

OK! It looks like this was related to a bug that was addressed for Individual search, but was not yet implemented for Encounter search.

It’s been fixed now and your original search should now display 52 results instead of 34. :slight_smile:

That’s great news Anastasia, thanks again for your help with this issue :slight_smile:

1 Like