Encounter search results export missing data

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? Win 11

What web browser were you using? latest chrome

What is your role on the site? admin

What happened?
I did an encounter search using certain criteria to attempt to get a specific sighting exported with all of the data expected in an encounter standard export format.
In the export, I noticed that certain encounter records did not display the Encounter.submitterOrganization. When I checked those encounter records, they do, in fact show the submitter’s organization in the Contact info.
It appears that when a user adds an annotation manually (as shown in the Audit Trail text box as “cloneWithoutAnnotations”, even though that encounter record displays the Encounter.submitterOrganization, it’s not showing up in the standard export file.

What did you expect to happen?
For this data to be included in the export.

I’ll send the export file with the missing Encounter.submitterOrganization fields to the services@ email.

This is a problem because the easiest way for organizations to export their data in as much detail as possible is to simply search for all encounters under that Org name. There’s no way to know that manual encounters would not show up in that export.

Thanks
Maureen

Hi @ACWadmin1

Can you share the query details from the search so I can look into this more?

Hi @Anastasia - here’s the [encounter search results link] with the query details at the bottom of the screen. Note that because I’m unable to apply a filter for the Occurrence ID to export only the specific sighting I want, you’ll need to do that filter in the exported file to get to the same specific records that were in the file I sent. The sighting ID referenced is in the file I sent to the services@ email address.

thanks
M

I don’t think the link saved to your post. :sweat_smile: Can you try again, please?

Duh… Sorry. Here you go: Wildbook for Carnivores | Login

1 Like

Thank you! I was able to replicate in testing.

I’ve written up a new ticket for this: Encounter.submitterOrganization data missing when exported from cloned Encounters · Issue #339 · WildMeOrg/Wildbook · GitHub