Error trying to edit metadata of sighting

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?
Seal Codex

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)
Researcher

What happened?
Trying to edit metadata (location) of a submitted sighting. The sighting has been submitted by another person (with whom I have editing permissions). I am able to edit most of the sightings, but for a few I receive an error message " Submission error. Internal Server Error" for example with this sighting: https://seals.wildme.org/sightings/883a8700-264d-4a7d-b4d2-f2189a977ac2
I have tried it again on separate days, computers, wifi and web browsers but the same issue occurs…

Thank you!

Hi @myoung

Just to clarify, you can’t edit any of the metadata fields for this Sighting on either the Overview or the Animals tabs, is that correct?

Nevermind, I think we’ve found the problem and it’s related to a server issue with this specific Sighting. I’ll let you know once it’s been fixed.

Ok, you should be able to edit this Sighting now. Can you try again and let me know if you have any issues with it?

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for that. Unfortunately it is still showing the same error message… sorry!

Thanks for letting me know! I’ll need to keep researching this with my teammates and one of us will follow up here with any updates.

Can you tell me which specific fields you’re trying to update? That may help us narrow down where the issue is.

Edit to add: We think the issue was related to whole numbers in the coordinates, so we had to change it from 27 to 26.99999 in order to make the rest of the fields editable. Is this what you’re trying to change back by any chance?