Export match data with media asset file name

What Wildbook are you working in? ACW

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
No column for “Encounter media asset file name” when exporting match data. Only columns for Encounter.catalogNumber and Occurrence.occurrenceID

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?
Search > Encounter Search > [select various filters] > Search Encounters > Export > Standard Excel Format

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @awilkinson

I’ve updated your post to a feature request as exporting the original image file name isn’t currently available.

You can view the original file name from the encounter page gallery by clicking on the image. Its file name will appear in the image preview. Depending on the number of results on your search, this may not be a feasible option, but wanted to share it as a potential workaround.

Hi @Anastasia,

I was wondering if there was an update on this. I may be getting confused, but I thought that when we discussed a similar issue earlier this month it seemed like filenames/‘mediaAsset0’ should be exportable? I’ve not been able to get this work myself though.

Thanks for all of your help!

You’re right; this has been implemented and I’ve updated the tags to reflect this. We’re behind on reviewing feature requests, so things sometimes get implemented before we’ve gotten a chance to update a related post about it.

I did a test Encounter export on both Flukebook and ACW and I can see the Encounter.mediaAsset0 column in each one.

Following these steps in your Wildbook menu should result in downloading your export file with the image names included. If this doesn’t work for you, can you please start a new Support post so I can dig into it more?

1 Like

Great, following these steps is working for me – thank you!

1 Like