Export table / including date information

What Wildbook should this feature be in?
ARW

What would you like to see?
Export table with included date information (as an attribute/comment)

How would this functionality help you?
Population comparison of different seasons

Hello,

i would like to export my capture-recapture data from ARW for a comparison between two seasons. Therefore, I need the .inp file to also include the association of individuals or captures with the specific dates of data collection. Should I choose a different export setting in ARW, or is it better/possible to link the data with the dates after exporting them from ARW?
I am very grateful for your tips!

Best regards,
Felix Stumpf

Good question. Let me see what I can find out for you.

1 Like

Hi @Felix.Stumpf

Great question! The .inp file format does support the ability to put information in comments at the line end (we can do this per line for individual ID), but incorporating specific dates in that format can be tricky because for any given 1 or 0 (a session), the individual may have been sighted 1 or more times inside that session (e.g., 3 three sightings within the same one-week session). So for 2+ sightings, which date to put might be difficult to determine.

Our Excel export formats do support export of encounter data per individual with dates. They can be exported at the same time via Encounter Search if you match the serch parameters to those used to generate the .inp file. Would that work?

1 Like