Exporting individual-based data

Hey @Anastasia ,
I have another question for my analysis of the firesalamander project in the Amphibian and Reptile Wildbook.
I want to export some individual-based data, to be precise the group belongings (so female, male, sub-adult) of our animals.

The problem is that I can’t just use the encounter based search results because for many individuals group belongings are not the same for all encounters (e.g. if we encountered an individual twice and were not sure whether it was a female or male at the first sighting and decided for something that later on turned out to be wrong so we decided for something different at the second encounter and the merged individual than kept the second group belonging).
For all individuals with one encounter I can just use the group belonging of the encounter, but there are over 900 individuals with multiple encounters for which I would need to manually check the group belonging they are assigned to now.

As far as I know there is no way to export general information from the individual search, right? I was thinking about the Socprog export but this is also encounter based. And although I am given the information there which are first and which are resights, I cannot conclude the group belonging of the individual. However, I see the information I need in the search results though (see picture). Can I somehow export this exact table? That would be great.

Thanks for your help and best regards

Sean

Just to make sure I understand correctly, you want an individual export that sorts individuals by age and sex, but without each encounter for an individual included in the spreadsheet?

Hi @Anastasia,

exactly. Something like: Individual ID, group belonging (female, male, etc.), number encounters

1 Like