Extra files appearing in bulk import

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? Flukebook

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) Windows 10

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) Chome

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) Unsure.

What happened? When I uploaded 1000 photos via the bulk import the confirmation screen listed 1045 photos being uploaded, with the additional files having names I don’t recognize (e.g. DSC_4910.JPG). Additionally, the files are shaded in yellow instead of green which I believe based on the bulk upload training video suggests an issue occurred, but I don’t know how to tell what the issue is.

What did you expect to happen? 1000 files to be uploaded and shaded in green.
UploadIssue_correctCount

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue? Unsure.

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report — I didn’t get as far as uploading the spreasheet yet and clicked ‘go back and try again’

Hi @CMKonrad

Can you email us your spreadsheet to services at wildme dot org so we can see if something in it may have caused the error you’re seeing?

Hi Anastasia, I didn’t get to importing the spreadsheet before encountering the error so I’m unclear on how that would relate. But I’ll send it along just in case

what it seems like to me is that perhaps files from a past bulk import attempt are lingering in the system. I say this because when I tried again to upload the 1000 photos, this time it said 2045 photos had been uploaded.

Thank you for clarifying and thanks for sending your file!

Give me some time to look over the spreadsheet and check with my teammates about the increasing number of images tallied and I’ll follow up here with any info I find.

1 Like

Thanks for your patience! When you bulk import your photos, they’re temporarily stored in a bucket within your account until they’re done processing. If you’ve started and then restarted this step, that would account for the number doubling.

Your screencapture is actually ok! I revisited the video and noticed that the files appear green upon upload, but then change to yellow upon review:

Thanks for looking into that. So is there a way for me to clear that bucket for the extra files that I don’t want uploaded?

Oh, I should have clarified: that won’t mean that you’ll have duplicate files sent. It won’t result in multiples of the same images. Once you complete your bulk import, you’ll only see one set of images to correspond with your respective import.

I don’t think I mentioned it earlier, but your spreadsheet looks good to me as well. :slight_smile: