Gallery view not displaying all images in encounter searches

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? Snail Wildbook

What operating system were you using? Windows

What web browser were you using? Chrome

What is your role on the site? researcher, orgAdmin

What happened? I filtered the encounter search for Location ID = Pahole, Gensus and Species = Achatinella mustelina, and Noticeable scarring = “Vertical lines”. The Results Table shows up fine, but the gallery view only shows images from 3 encounters when there are 9 encounters.

What did you expect to happen? I expected to see all the images from all 9 encounters within this search. This might be related to this issue: Gallery view not displaying all images

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue? In the Encounter Search filter for Noticeable scarring: “Vertical lines” and view the gallery images.

I suspect there’s something weird going in with permissions. I can see in the results of this search that the encounters belong to you and other members of your org, which you should be able to see as an Org Admin. I can see 2 pages of the gallery when I check from my own account, so I need to check if more restrictive permissions are somehow being applied. Is it ok if I temporarily change your account password so I can sign in as you to dig into this a bit more?

Hi Anastasia! Sorry for the late reply. Yes, you can change my password.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m able to see 20 images in the gallery view when I’m signed in as you. Can you let me know which browser you’re using? I feel like I remember something similar happening that only happened on a specific browser.

I am using Chrome. Oh shucks I didn’t even think to try another browser!

I just tried Firefox and it doesn’t work either.

Thanks! I’ll continue testing today and follow up with any new developments.

I’m waiting on my teammates to verify, but I’m seeing a lot of parallels with this ticket: Seal Wildbook - Individual Gallery view displays different number of images at each refresh · Issue #1779 · WildMeOrg/Wildbook · GitHub

The difference being that we’re accessing the gallery via the encounter search and not an individual page, and the missing images aren’t role-related for you because Snail Wildbook doesn’t use location-based roles. However, we do know you should see all of those encounters because they belong to you or your org members and you are the org admin. There’s a throughline here I hope we can untangle soon.

Thanks for the update! I hope it can get figured out soon, too, thanks!

Hope to have a fix in before the weekend, but we’re getting closer to a solution! Thanks for your patience.