Ghost encounters created upon some submissions

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? SeadragonSearch

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) dont know what submitters use

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) dont know what submitters use

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) admin

What happened? I have noticed recently that about once for each set of submission from someone, a ‘ghost’ duplicate is created that lacks any metadata at all. So they are different from our recent duplicated submission issue which also duplicated metadata.

What did you expect to happen? These no-metadata duplicates to not be created

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue? No idea, as they just show up every couple of days. I just deleted the first few but it seems persistent so I’m reporting now. here is an example
https://wildbook.seadragonsearch.org/encounters/encounter.jsp?number=e83ab7ff-ea0b-46e3-ac9d-8537ac8220f4

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi Nerida,

Can you provide another example or two so we can diagnose this? The link above seems to be broken.

Thanks!

Hi Colin, I have just emailed you with separate information and encounters re these, cheers, nerida

1 Like

Hi @NeridaWilson,

Did the recent upgrade solve this issue?

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason, so far so good. Although I don’t think we’ve had a ton of encounters since then, so wont relax just yet. But looking hopeful, thanks Nerida

1 Like

Yes, looks like it! more confident now

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you for following up!