HTTP Status 500

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?
The Internet of Turtles

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)
Windows 10

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)
Chrome 92.0.4515.159

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)
researcher

What happened?
I got “HTTP Status 500 ? Internal Server Error” while trying to upload an image. Minutes before I had uploaded several Eretmochelys imbricata images until I started getting this message.

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi, @isabellaferreira !
I was able to reproduce your error.
I restarted the server, and the error disappeared. Sometimes, this happens when we’ve made a change to the database and forgotten to restart the server afterwards; at least, that’s my best guess. Very strange that this error appeared in the middle of uploading a series of images.

Hopefully, it works now for you as well? Can I trouble you to confirm?
Thanks,
Mark

I did 3 photos and got the error again.

Hi, @isabellaferreira !
I just restarted it again and did several uploads without issue. Could I trouble you to email the image(s) that you were trying to upload when you got this error to mark@wildme.org?
I’m going to try to rule the images themselves out.

Many thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark, I emailed you the images.

Again I uploaded some images and started getting the error.

The problem doesn’t seem to be with the images. The first error appeared in photo 104, after restarting the server the upload was normal. After some images the error happened in photo 126. Since your last answer, I was able to upload photo 126 without error. Now the error happened in photo 133.

1 Like

Hi, @isabellaferreira !
I suspect that you are right. Could I trouble you to humor me anyway and send me a few of the images that have caught snags?
Thanks,
Mark

Hi, @isabellaferreira !
I changed something in the database in terms of forcing IOT to use the default asset store. That doesn’t have to mean anything to you (mostly posting that for someone searching on this in the future).

I’m hopeful that this will resolve our issue. I’ve successfully created encounters using the images that you sent.

Please let me know if you start getting the 500 error again, but I think you can resume uploading.

What a weird issue; thank you for working with us on it!
Cheers,
Mark

1 Like

Hi, @isabellaferreira !
Are things working better? :crossed_fingers:

Yes, today I uploaded over 100 photos without error.

Thanks for solving the problem.

1 Like

Super happy to hear it!
-Mark

A post was split to a new topic: Status 500 Internal Server Error