Image analysis finds no matches

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?
Amphibian and Reptile Wildbook

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)
Windows 11 and 10

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)
Edge

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)
Admin

What happened?
I uploaded the recent encounters with a bulk import, send them to detection and identification then wanted to match them but with nearly every encounter I get the information: “Image Analysis has returned and no match was found.” The pictures have the same or even a better quality than the ones from last year, when I had no problems at all finding possible matches. We definitely have pictures of firesalamanders we found before so it is impossibel, that there is actually no match.

What did you expect to happen?
I expect to get suggested at least 7, better 12 possible matches.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
When I click directly on “salamander_fire_adult” or start matching out of a project, there are no suggested matches

Thank you for your help!
Greetings from Germany
Karolin

Hi Karolin

Hotspotter only shows match scores that are greater than 0. Other algorithms like PIE will display 12 match candidates by default even if the match scores are 0. You can see in your screenshot that it this animal was matched against 1251 candidates. No match candidates doesn’t always mean that there was a problem with your images or the identification process.

I checked 3 additional encounters from this bulk import and found that 2 of the 3 had match candidate suggestions.

These results look normal to me.