Improved Google Maps zoom function

What Wildbook should this feature be in?
Amphibian & Reptile Wildbook

What would you like to see?
The zoom function under “Mapping” in the page of marked individuals, e.g.

currently does not allow to zoom in as far as necessary to differentiate the individual encounters.
By contrast, if I do an encounter search for a specific individual, the zoom function works very well under “Mapped Results”.
I would like the zoom on the individual’s page to work just the way as it does in the encounter search results.

How would this functionality help you?
The different encounters of an individual would be easily visible on the individual’s page, instead of taking the “detour” of having to search for the individual and viewing the Mapped Results.

Additional context for @tanyastere: There is a maximum depth that Google will have data for and as a result, a maximum level of zoom Google Maps will allow. If we pick up this request, we’d need to do additional testing to see if the map changes would cause any issues elsewhere, per Jason.

I’ve created a ticket for this request: Google Maps view on Marked Individual pages don't allow you to zoom in as closely as it does on Encounters · Issue #332 · WildMeOrg/Wildbook · GitHub

Hi, I just wanted to pull this up and ask if there is any update regarding this feature, which would be very helpful for our fire salamander research within a very dense population. Thanks!

We don’t have a timeline for this feature. The ticket I linked to is available for contributors of our open source community to work on.