IoT - Search Result Export not working

Hi!

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?
Internet of Turtles

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)
MacOS 12.4

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)
Safari 15.5

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)
Researcher

What happened?
Exporting search results (Standard Format Export) displayed an error: Please let the webmaster know you encountered an error at: EncounterSearchExportExcelFile servlet

What did you expect to happen?
Download standard format xls

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
Run an encounter search, try to export the results.

This was also a problem recently (addressed in this ticket: IoT - Encounter submission, editing and download not working - #2 by argeswaraj) - was fixed but is unfortunately back.

Search example here

Best wishes,
Stephanie

Hi @ORP-StephanieK

Thanks for reporting this.

New issue related to data, but one I am testing a fix for. Filed ticket WB-1976.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi @ORP-StephanieK

I have deployed a fix. Please let me know if the issue resolves for you. I am getting successful exports from that link now.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason!

Unfortunately, I still get the same error message. I’ve tried Google Chrome (version 103.0.5060.114) as an alternative browser to Safari, but the issue remains.

Best,
Steph

@ORP-StephanieK

Can you please send an example search result that gives you this export bug? I would like to test with a more specific example.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi!

Example 1: Internet of Turtles
Example 2: Internet of Turtles
Example 3: Internet of Turtles

Best,
Steph

Hi @ORP-StephanieK

I filed this as ticket WB-1985 and have a fix deployed on IoT. Spot checking your three links above, all of them export for me, and the exported measurement data (the source of the error) lines up with the Encounters.

Can you please retry export and double check measurement accuracy in the export?

Thank you,
Jason

Hi!

I could download all three examples now and measurement data looks alright, from a quick check.

Thank you for your help!

Best,
Steph

1 Like