Issue with exporting data in MantaMatcher

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?
MantaMatcher
What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)
Windows 10
What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)
Chrome Version 92.0.4515.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)
What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)
PhD Student
What happened?
When trying to export the data in Excel format, MantaMatcher times out and takes me to a “504 Gateway timeout” page. I tried to export the data in different formats, but it still had the same issue. All the other visualisation tabs worked, only the export data one didn’t.
What did you expect to happen?
I expected a file to start downloading.
What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
Try to download the data for the Maldives region in excel format.
If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report
@AFlam

Hi @Jsavage

Can you please send the link to the page you are trying to click export from? I need to be able to try to reproduce with your query.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your response.

The page I’m trying to export data from is: MantaMatcher

I’ve just tried again, and it’s not working on any of the “Tabular export links”, it takes me to " 504 Gateway Time-out". I thought it could be my wifi, but I have full signal.

Thanks

Jessica

Hi @Jsavage

I just resolved this as a part of WB-1761. Essentially, we rebuilt the underlying server for MantaMatcher recently, and some of the new server pieces were using default, very restrictive configurations. Here it was timing out because the export process took >60 seconds, which is fine given the size of data you are trying to export.

I changed the configuration and tested the links above, and you should now be able to download the files and not timeout unless the download takes >5 minutes, which it should not.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason,

I’ve just tried again, and it worked, thanks so much for your help!

Jessica