Manta matcher failing to upload new encounters

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? Manta Matcher

What operating system were you using? MacOS 10.14.4

What web browser were you using? Chrome 85

What is your role on the site? Researcher

What happened? Since a few weeks when I try to upload a new ventral ID of a manta, an error message shows up saying “HTTP Internal Server Error” then

Exception Report

Message Filtered request failed.

Description The server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Filtered request failed.
org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.AbstractShiroFilter.doFilterInternal(AbstractShiroFilter.java:384)
org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:125)
org.ecocean.servlet.StrutsUTF8Filter.doFilter(StrutsUTF8Filter.java:33)
Root Cause

java.lang.NullPointerException
Note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the server logs.

What did you expect to happen? Usually the page refreshes and gives a unique link for the encounter

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue? I don’t know?

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi Stella,

Thanks for reporting this.

I am able to normally submit Encounters to MantaMatcher. Can you confirm you were trying to submit an Encounter here?

https://www.mantamatcher.org/submit.jsp

If so, can you provide us with details and photos of the Encounter so we can try to reproduce?

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason,
Yes correct. See attached, I’ve tried with different encounters too. I will try on another laptop? See attached for a screen shot.

Hi Stella,

This is only happening with the “unknown” value for species. As a workaround, please select a specific species for your submission. I am working on a fix for “unknown” under our internal work ticket WB-1187.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Stella,

This issue should be resolved now on MantaMatcher.

Thanks for reporting it, and please let me know if you see it again.

-Jason