Manual annotation process freezing halfway

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? SeadragonSearch

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) MacOS 11.6.4

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) Chrome 98.0.4758.109

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) admin

What happened? after selecting an orientation for a manual annotation, instead of reloading with the next annotation option, it just froze with the screenshot attached

What did you expect to happen? it to continue to annotation options

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @NeridaWilson

Can you please send the full link at the top of the page shown in your screenshot? I will take a look.

Thanks,
Jason

1 Like

yes here it is, thansk @jason, happens right on when you select viewpoint (eg left right etc): SeadragonSearch.org

Hi @NeridaWilson

There’s a place in the logic where we need the Taxonomy to be set in order to determine which class labels can be assigned when annotating the image. I’ll file a bug ticket to report back to users better when the Encounter is missing the species. But in this case, the workaround is just to set species on the Encounter, which should then restore manual annotation and link the correct classes therein fo the species.

Tracking the issue as WB-1946. Since the workaround unblocks you and we don’t see this often, it may be awhile before we implement.

Thanks,
Jason

1 Like

no worries @jason, I should have seen that. Been using that workaround for a while, sorry!

Also, now that the taxonomy has been added, its doing the weird offset annotation, which has been given previous ticket numbers of WB-1101 and WB-1533. Again, no big deal, but just wanted to link up the info, cheers

Hi, @NeridaWilson !
Interesting. Both WB-1101 and WB-1533 have been marked as done. So, this might be a new issue?
It’s also possible that the fixes for WB-1101 and WB-1533 have not yet been propagated to seadragonsearch yet. May I update this week? Say, Thursday?
-Mark

sounds great @Mark, I bet an update will do the trick. please go ahead! thank you!

1 Like

Hi, @NeridaWilson !
Ok! The update has been deployed. Are you seeing any issues with manual annotation now for encounters that have full taxonomy data?
Is the offset annotation thing still happening?

Thanks,
Mark

Thanks @MarkF, unfortunately it didn’t help. Example encounter link below. First head annotation was pre-update, and offset, and the second head annotation post update is also offset…this issue mostly occurs with dead, beach-washed dragons, so I’m not too worried. Was worth a go…thanks, Nerida
https://wildbook.dragonsearch.org/encounters/encounter.jsp?number=b10abc3d-5285-4c96-8407-568dd363ebda