Manual annotations not recorded correctly (reduced in size)

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? SeadragonSearch

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) MacOS 10.12.6

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) Version 86.0.4240.111 (Official Build) (x86_64)

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) admin

What happened? A new upload did not auto annotate a head. I added it manually but it contracted on the resulting cloned encounter. tried it twice.

original encounter: SeadragonSearch.org

cloned half head:

What did you expect to happen?

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

I can reproduce this. We are tracking as WB-1101 and will work to fix it.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi @jason here is another affected encounter (offset manual annotation) if thats helpful to see, thanks, nerida
https://wildbook.seadragonsearch.org/encounters/encounter.jsp?number=38bd15a6-fb56-4551-9004-fa6198b9450f

@jason and @tanyastere unfortunately the recent upgrade has not fixed the offset annotation issue. it is here as WB-1101 but also in forum as WB-1533. here is recent example
https://wildbook.dragonsearch.org/encounters/encounter.jsp?number=44ec1f26-4c86-4fb9-8393-0b0de621a745

Hi @NeridaWilson,

The upgrade hasn’t happened yet. We’re waiting on one last code change before we start. My apologies for the delay. You’re first in line for the upgrades, which are likely to begin next week.

Thanks,
Jason

ehhh @jason I’m afraid it didn’t fix this one.There is an amusing history of the not-quite-right annotations here SeadragonSearch.org

We’re slowly working through our ticket backlog. This is the latest link to your ticket: manualAnnotation has scale/math bug · Issue #275 · WildMeOrg/Wildbook · GitHub

In revisiting this issue, it appears to have been fixed at some point between now and when it was reported in 2021. We verified that manual annotations are currently saving where they were originally placed. We’re resolving the ticket and this post.